The demonstrator will show EdgeX's flexibility and ability to bring together heterogeneous solution components by highlighting key EdgeX capabilities including:
- Hardware and operating system (OS) agnostic through a tiered loosely coupled architecture of x86 and ARM devices and gateways running different OS choice
- Multiple Southbound connections using a range of wired and wireless OT protocols via both gateways and smart sensors connecting directly to the Cloud
- Northbound connectivity to multiple Cloud Systems including AWS, Google and Microsoft Azure
- Analytics and control at the Edge
- Climate control - analytics, sensing, automation
- Light level control - analytics, sensing, automation
- Occupancy - building automation centered around real-time occupancy analytics
- Energy Monitoring - real-time energy analytics and monitoring, identifying base consumption, variable consumption and maximum demand
"We believe the new EdgeX community demonstrator will prove to be an excellent way to highlight in a very clear and understandable way EdgeX's value proposition, which is to accelerate IoT market velocity by productizing in an open and vendor-neutral way key parts of the IoT Edge software infrastructure"
"IOTech's expertise and leadership in developing the first-ever community demo will help drive the EdgeX vision and technology forward to meet the global demand for IoT solutions," said Jason Shepherd, Chair of the EdgeX Foundry Governing Board and Dell Technologies IoT CTO. "The strength and growth we are seeing in the EdgeX ecosystem shows the widening footprint and increasing recognition of a community-based approach to advancing the technology. The demo will be an excellent example of this."
"From our experience working with office space providers, we know that every building is inefficient in its own way. To serve our customers best we need to be flexible in terms of the hardware and protocols we use, so partnering with IoTech and EdgeX is a logical step for us," said Eldar Gizzatov, cofounder and CEO of Basking Automation. "Interoperability that comes with EdgeX-based software allows us to speed up the process of integrating smart building equipment such as meters, thermostats, and lighting controls. This faster deployment is a real game-changer for the industry."
Follow IOTech on Twitter and LinkedIn.