Experienced Software Engineers and other positions based in Edinburgh
At the beginning of October IOTech is establishing a Research and Development Centre located in central Edinburgh which will complement our existing R&D facility in Newcastle upon Tyne.
We are looking to recruit upwards of 15 engineers in our first year of operation of varying levels of experience including:
- Up to 10 Experienced Software Engineers with expertise in Distributed Computing, Real-time and Embedded computing or Cyber Security.
- Software Product/Project Manager to manage the delivery of the company’s global software products and solutions.
- Technical Writer with experience in developing software product documentation.
Salaries will range from £35k-£70k dependent on relevant experience
Who are we?
IOTech is a B2B software products company developing state of the art software platform technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) with specific focus on industrial IOT systems .
The company’s products address the full spectrum of secure hard and soft real-time edge computing needs, dramatically reducing time to market and system integration costs for our partners who are the supply chains to multiple vertical IoT market domains.
What will you be doing?
- You will research, design, develop, test, maintain and support software products that are at the forefront of IoT Edge platform technology.
- You will work alongside a dedicated team of highly experienced, talented & motivated engineers.
- You will be experienced in agile development.
- You will write code in C and Go.
- You will be working in Edinburgh however; International travel may be required.
If you are applying for the Software Engineering positions you will need:
- Minimally to be educated to degree level with an honours degree, MSc or PhD in a Computer Science or related discipline e.g. Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Cyber Security.
- Ideally you will have been working in a software product development environment.
- It would be a distinct advantage if you have worked in Internet of Things related disciplines for example Distributed Computing, Real-time and Embedded Systems, Cyber Security or Systems Management.
- Excellent coding skills, preferably confident with C and/or GO coding skills, although we will consider other languages and train as appropriate
- To enjoy solving technical problems.
- To be capable of taking responsibility at an early stage, be quick to learn and passionate about technology and developing high quality code.
- Enthusiasm combined with a keen interest in IoT.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- To be highly motivated, conscientious, honest and work well in a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
What we offer:
IOTech’s greatest assets are our people and our customers and we intend to look after both with equal vigour and care.
If you join the IOTech team these are a few of the things we can offer you:
- A friendly company based in highly attractive centrally based location in Edinburgh.
- A competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension and health cover.
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software product technology.
- The challenge and satisfaction of working with a very smart team of like -minded motivated individuals.
- A flexible, friendly and collaborative work environment.
- Huge potential for progression and personal development in a growing international company.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Opportunities for international travel.
- Access to regular social and networking events.
- We value honesty, talent and enthusiasm.
Please apply in writing in the first instance attaching cv to Layla Osselton – firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which position you are applying for.