Graduate Software Engineers based in Edinburgh
In October IOTech is establishing a Software Product Development Centre located in central Edinburgh.
We are looking to recruit up to 5 graduate software engineers.
We are particularly looking for graduates with an interest and ideally some experience in Distributed Computing, Real-time and Embedded Computing or Software Security.
Salaries will range from £25k-35k dependent on degree and any relevant experience
Who are we?
IOTech is a B2B software products company developing state of the art software platform technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) with specific focus on industrial IOT systems .
The company’s products address the full spectrum of secure hard and soft real-time edge computing needs, dramatically reducing time to market and system integration costs for our partners who are the supply chains to multiple vertical IoT market domains.
What will you be doing?
- You will research, design, develop, test, maintain and support software products that are at the forefront of IoT Edge platform technology.
- You will work alongside a dedicated team of highly experienced talented & motivated engineers.
- You will receive training in agile development.
- You will write code in C and Go.
- You will receive ongoing mentoring and support.
- You will be working in Edinburgh however; International travel may be required.
You will need:
- Minimally you will be a Graduate or be graduating with a second class honours degree or above, MSc or PhD in a Computer Science or related discipline e.g. Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Cyber Security.
- Good coding skills, preferably confident with C and/or GO coding skills, although we will consider other languages.
- To enjoy solving technical problems.
- To be capable of taking responsibility at an early stage, be quick to learn and passionate about technology and developing high quality code.
- Enthusiasm combined with a keen interest in IOT.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- To be highly motivated, conscientious, honest and work well in a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in Distributed, Real Time and Embedded computing or Software Security would be a distinct advantage.
What we offer:
IOTech’s greatest assets are our our people and our customers and we intend to look after both with equal vigour and care.
If you join the IOTech team these are a few of the things we can offer you:
- A friendly company based in highly attractive centrally base location in Edinburgh.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension and health cover.
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software product technology.
- The challenge and satisfaction of working with a very smart team of like-minded motivated individuals
- A flexible, friendly and collaborative work environment
- Huge potential for progression and personal development in a growing international company
- Employee referral bonus program
- Opportunities for international travel
- Access to regular social and networking events
- We value honesty, talent and enthusiasm
Please apply in writing in the first instance attaching cv to Layla Osselton – firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Graduate Vacancy.